Why Kendriya Vidyalaya is better...
Child education is of paramount importance to every parent today. The education your child receives sets the groundwork for future success, thus making it important for you to find the right school for your child.
Parents who are in transferable jobs like central government and defence employees are faced with the issue of re-admitting their children to another school when they shift to a new city. It can be difficult for your child to adjust to a new environment and the best solution to making this change comfortable is to admit your child in a central government school also called – “Kendriya Vidyalaya”.
Kendriya Vidyalaya’s education pattern is associated with the Central Board Education System (CBSE) and follows a uniform pattern throughout the country. There are over 1000 central schools in India. The main objective of starting such a school was to educate the children of the Indian Defence Forces & central government employees though it is also open to all civilians.
What makes the Kendriya Vidyalaya special is that in addition to a world class curriculum, these schools are ideal for students who cannot stick around to one school due to regular transfer from one city to other.
Kendriya Vidyalayas easily provide admission to children who have been educated in KV schools in other cities. The uniform curriculum followed by these schools all over India ensures that the child does not face an educational disadvantage. There is a common syllabus and system of education.
There are also various Co- Curricular activities that take place at KVs, ensuring the overall development of the child. These Co- Curricular activities are aimed at providing opportunities for students to work in collaboration, to exercise leadership and take initiative, enhancing the student’s overall personality.
Features of the Kendriya Vidyalaya:
· Unlike state run schools, all the Kendriya Vidyalayas share a common syllabus & offer bilingual instruction. This makes it easy for the child to adapt to a different school easily. The standard subjects & pattern of education also helps make this transition smooth.
· Kendriya Vidyalayas follow an intensive world class pattern of education which is ideal for gaining an in-depth understanding of core subjects. This forms a formative base for higher education and competitive examinations.
· Kendriya Vidyalayas are co-ed schools thus the child adapts and adjust with the opposite gender easily.
· There is no tuition fee for boys up to class VIII and girls up to class XII.
· There is an appropriate teacher to pupil ratio.
The Kendriya Vidyalaya website is very well managed giving you all the required information about the schools. It can be accessed here. Whether you are a defence employee or central government employee or otherwise, the central school is open for all and is one of the best education systems for your child.