Top Law Schools In India
It is rightly said that the legal system is an important base of every country. It not only helps in smooth working of the nation but also strengthens the confidence level of people and various organizations. One of the core qualities that make a successful lawyer or person in the legal profession stand out are excellent oratory skills, high degree of confidence and the background of a great law school. When it comes to choosing the right law school, the person or student seeking admission in a law college should take his decision with great deal of caution. He therefore needs proper guidance and knowledge of law schools that offer degrees in law. The following are some of the top legal schools in India:
Government Law College, Mumbai:
The college has played a key role in shaping the judicial, political and social system of India. This law school has been an institutional foundation for dignitaries like Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar, Lalkrishna Advani, former president of India Smt. Pratibha Patil, Rahul Bajaj and many more famous personalities of India. Mumbai Law College is the oldest law school in Asia.
- Bachelor's Law Degree
- The 3 Year Law Course - LL.B.
- The 5 Year Law Course - B.L.S LL.B
- Postgraduate Diploma Course In Securities Law
- Postgraduate Certificate Course In Human Rights
- Post Graduate Diploma In Intellectual Property Rights
- Diploma In Cyber Law
Law School Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi:
The Law School at Banaras Hindu University is one of the oldest law colleges in India. This Law College was the first to introduce multiple curriculums like the three year LL.B course of studies and two year full time LL.M. program.
- LL.B. (Hons.) Three Year Programme
- B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) Integrated Five Year Programme
- LL.M. (General) Two Year Programme
- LL.M. (HRDE) Two Year Programme
- PG Diploma in Environmental Law
- PG Diploma in Forensic Science and Medical Jurisprudence
- PG Diploma in Tax Management
ILS Law College, Pune:
Indian Law Society’s Law College is one of the most prestigious Law Institutions in India which maintains an excellent status of education with moderate expenses. ILS also provides distance learning program in Law. ILS Law College is gifted with a very beautiful Campus as well.
- B.A.LL.B. - 5-year law course after XII
- LL.B - 3 year law degree course after graduation
- D.T.L. Diploma in Taxation Laws, one-year course after graduation
- D.L.L. & L.W. - Diploma in Labor Laws and Labor Welfare, 1-year course after graduation
National Law School of India University, Bengaluru:
NLSIU sets the bar high when it comes to educational standards. The admissions into NLSIU are on merit basis by giving the Common Law Admission Test. It also offers various research degrees like L.L.D, Ph.D and M.Phil and distance learning programs. The National Law School has exchange programmes with the National University of Singapore, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, Canada and Buceuius Law School, Germany.
- M.B.L - Master of Business, 2 year course
- PGDHRL - Post Graduate Diploma in Human Rights Law
- PGDEL - Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Law
- PGDMLE - Post Graduate Diploma in Mediacal Law and Ethics (PGDMLE)
- PGDIPRL - Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights
- PGDCRL - Post Graduate Diploma in Child Rights Law
National Law Institute University, Bhopal:
NLUI promotes a learning environment where students learn intellectual freedom. They have very active Student Bodies, Academic Cells and associations. These bodies consist of programs like NLIU Moot Court Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution Cell (ADRC) and the Cell for Awareness and Research in Environmental Studies (CARES). The University is devoted to the use of modern methods of teaching and evaluation.
- B.A.LL.B (Hons.) - 5 Year Course with a trimester System
- LL.M - 1 Year Course
- PGDCL - Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Law
- MSCLIS - The Master of Science in Cyber Law and Information Security
Symbiosis Law School, Pune
The Symbiosis Law School is another reputed institution to study law in Pune. This Law College was earlier affiliated to the University of Pune and later became a constituent of Symbiosis International University. Students seeking admission in Symbiosis Law School must appear for the Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) which is followed by a group interview and personal interview.
- BA LL.B. (Hons.) & BBA LL.B. (Hons.) - 5 Year course
- LL.B. - 3 Year course
- LL.M - 1 Year post Graduate Program
- D.B.L. - Diploma in Banking Laws
- D.L.L. & L.W. - Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare
- D. A. C. A. D. R. S. - Diploma in Arbitration, Conciliation and Alternative Dispute Resolution System
- D.T.L. - Diploma in Taxation Laws